Saturday, March 8, 2008

took another rest day today. Went to Evansville and got some new running shoes from Swift Athletic. I am struggling with my shins so Grant put me in a Mizuno Wave Elixir 3 instead of my usual Asic. I'm kinda worried, I've always wore Asics. He told me to just do a couple of easy runs this week and let everything get used to alittle more stability so thats what I'm going to do. I really like the way they fit, they are so light weight and are nice and snug. I just don't want to correct one problem and have another. I still have flash backs from my ITB issues last summer. It is so wierd that as soon as I went to a neutral shoe it cleared up. I'm hoping that these new shoes will clear up my shins. I'm keeping my fingers crossed. I'm gonna do a practice 7k with Marganna, Melissa, and Tina tomorrow in anticipation of our race next Sat. I think Melissa is stressing out because she doesn't think she can go the distance. Well tomorrow I'm gonna show her she can. Tina will be taking her on a route that ends at 4.5 miles. Theres no way to get back to the car unless she runs or walks. Hope its not to windy. Last Sun. the wind on 283 was horrible.

No comments: