Saturday, March 15, 2008

We had a great 7k run this morning. We were worried about rain and it was cold but still turned out to be an awesome run. Marganna and I ran together and Melissa and Tina ran together. We started out pacing ourselves, our first mile was 10:19. Our goad was to finish with an overall pace of 10:oo our under so we knew we needed to pick up the pace. Our following miles were
mile 2---9:27
mile 3---9:21
mile 4---9:27
.4-------3:03 Our final time was 42:13 with an average pace of 9:31.

It started raining on us after the first mile but it wasn't a hard rain and it didn't really bother us until we hit cobblestone in the last mile. It was really uneven and kinda slick so that was alittle tough but I really loved the course. Tina and Melissa came in at 57:42. They did great also.
I hadn't done a race since Oct. and I had forgotton had good it felt. Bummer that we didn't win the 1000 drawing but maybe one of these days. They have a Colon Cancer run coming up soon, I think we are going to do that one also.
I wore my old running shoes, didn't use my shin guard or tape and did fine. I had alittle ankle and shin pain when I was done but it went away and I iced them when I got home just in case.
I picked up two pair of Status at Shoe Carnival last night and I'm gonna try them next week.
Renee was at the race also, but she did talk to me much. I think she came in at 45 min so she did really good too.

1 comment:

Laura N said...

Great splits, Sheila. You ran hard. It was a great day to race.